Save The Date!
Please mark your calendars for the 3rd CANADIAN MULTIDISCIPLINARY HEPATOBILIARY CANCER CONFERENCE (CMHCC) taking place on Friday October 4, 2024 at the Omni King Edward Hotel in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We are happy to announce that we have added a focus on biliary cancer for CMHCC 2024.
This informative conference provides a unique opportunity for attendees to participate in presentations from international experts in the ﬁeld of Multidisciplinary Hepatobiliary Cancer. The scope of this meeting will highlight both recent research ﬁndings elucidating the pathophysiology of these diverse diseases, as well as changes in therapeutic advances that have had a large impact in the management of our patients.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone in person for this dynamic and educational event!
Laura Dawson, MD, FRCPC, FASTRO, University of Toronto
Rachel Goodwin, MSc, MD, FRCPC, University of Ottawa
Brandon Meyers, MSc, MD, FRCPC, McMaster University
Vincent Tam, MD, FRCPC, University of Calgary
- Establish principles of non-surgical techniques for curative intent management
- Review the evidence of liver transplant, and aspects of patient selection
- Examine the data on surgical management of early stage HCC
Intermediate Stage Disease
- Review the evidence available in defining what is TACE refractory disease and
what other options are
- Examine the data on systemic therapy in intermediate stage HCC
- Evaluate both the strengths and limitations of the BCLC staging system
Advanced Stage Disease
- Review the data on biomarker development in the management of HCC
- Review the existing data on current stem of therapy for advanced HCC as well as future systemic therapy options
- Create a form of open discussion and cross disciplinary knowledge translation
Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Interventional Radiologists, Surgical Oncologists Hepatologists, Internists, as well as Residents, Nurse Practitioners and Pharmacists, with an interest in HCC and/or biliary cancer.